360 Degree Feedback
360 Degree Feedback is a tool that provides information about yourself from multiple sources, such as your supervisor, peers, direct reports, and others.
Today, most 360 feedback surveys are an electronic questionnaire that employees can use to rate their managers; providing them with numerical and qualitative feedback. As companies rely more heavily on teamwork, cooperation, and communication to improve productivity, 360 Degree Feedback has become a useful tool.
Three common objectives for 360 Degree Feedback:
- Focuses on personal and career development
- Discovers where you are and where you want to grow
- Max out in the creation of a personalized action plan
- Focuses on team-effectiveness skills
- Allows groups to come together on goals
- Promotes a safe environment to learn from sharing
Based on the needs of your organization, we align the 360 Degree Feedback to meet your objectives
360 Degree Feedback Process:
Our Project Consultant will work with you to understand the results you are trying to achieve using 360 degree feedback. We then develop a customized survey aligned to your competencies that provides actionable feedback. We develop customized surveys relevant to your organization. We help you define content areas for target audiences and develop an exclusive instrument. Our custom feedback surveys provide an instrument perfectly fit to your organization.
We administer the 360 degree feedback survey online (paper surveys are also available). Participants can choose their own raters online or they can be pre-selected. We recommend 10-15 raters per participant and a 2-3 week window for data collection. The project manager takes care of all of the details and sends out reminders to encourage participation.
The reports generated are easy to read and understand and provide numerical and qualitative feedback with optional norms and highest and lowest scores.
360 Degree Feedback Survey Contents.
The survey content is relevant to the different roles and positions of participants.
Following are examples of competency areas generally addressed in 360 Feedback Surveys:
360 Feedback Sample Questionnaire
360 Degree Feedback Survey Process:
- Rater Selection - The feedback for the 360 degree survey is collected from multiple sources. We encourage the participants to choose between 10 to 15 raters, however, there is not a limit to how many raters a participant can select. HR administrators can email a list of participants or complete an online form. Participants and managers select their raters. An email with a link to the Rater selection page is sent to each participant and/or manager.
- Survey Administration - At the end of the rater selection period, each participant and rater will receive an invitation email with a link to the Survey Access Page. On this page they will find a link to take the 360 degree feedback survey.
- Participation Reports - Participation rate is tracked by the project manager. Raters and participants receive reminder emails to ensure a sufficient response rate per participants, and the client will receive a Participation Report throughout the survey administration period.
- Participant and Group Reports - Participants receive their individual 360 Degree Feedback Report, which provides the combined feedback on performance dimensions critical to effectiveness from all raters. Group reports present the composite scores of all the participants across each performance dimension.
360 Degree Feedback Report Contents:
The 360 Degree Feedback Report highlights the participant's strengths and areas for improvement. It provides both numerical and qualitative feedback, highest and lowest scores are highlighted, and the gaps between rater groups are presented. The report includes the following sections:
- Rater Demographics - shows the amount of participants in each rater group
- Category Summary - Shows the average scores for each survey content area
- Overall Company score for each category- Highlights the average company score on each performance dimension or competncy, skill etc
- Overall deparmental scoeres for each category - Highlights the average departmental score on each performance dimension or competncy, skill etc
- Highest & Lowest Scores - Highlights the three overall highest and lowest average scores
- Main Report Section - Shows the average scores by rater group for each content area and behavior
- Summary of written comments - Provides the comments made by the raters about the participant's strengths and areas for improvement
- Personal Development Plan - Provides a step by step approach for gaining insights and turning feedback into a development plan.
The 360 Degree Feedback reports are available within 10 business days, in case of on line surveys, after the survey administration period is closed. The reports are delivered to the client in electronic format. However printed copies can also be provided.
Turning Feedback Into Results:
An effective 360 feedback survey provides information on performance and how a leader is interacting with his or her environment. When coaching is paired with a 360 degree feedback, participants are far more likely to internalize the information and develop plans that lead to action. .
Follow-Up Coaching Options:
A. One-on-One Coaching:
This method will allow individual participants to meet one-on-one with a Coach to debrief and help interpret feedback. Coaching is tailored to the needs of each 360 Feedback participant. Face-to-face feedback sessions generally last about one to two hours each.
B. Group Coaching:
This workshop will allow all leaders to meet together to work on action plans and strategies for leadership development. Individual feedback is not discussed in this meeting and the focus is on turning feedback into results. These group coaching sessions are conducted by the 360 Degree Feedback Consultant. Coaching is tailored to the needs of the 360 Feedback participants. This option is ideal for moving work groups from feedback into action plans.
C. Train-the-Trainer Coaching Workshop :
We can provide a Performance Coaching Train-the-Trainer Workshop for managers and human resource professionals. This course provides focused instruction and extensive practice on performance coaching, 360 Feedback interpretation, group dialogue, and action planning. The course consists of a two-day workshop for up to 20 participants and will be customized to meet your company's leadership development goals.
For more details on 360o feedback contact us.